The Haliwa Saponi tribe wishes to announce a new employment opportunity, the details of which are:
Job Title: Housing Outreach Coordinator
Salary: $30,000 – $33,000
Location: Hollister Area
Travel Requirements: local area. Occasional out of town travel required.
General Description of Duties:
The coordinator is responsible for assisting individuals and families in achieving homeownership. This program also assists current homeowners with needed home repairs and home rehabilitation.
Specific Description of Duties
1. Reach out to homeowners to learn their housing needs and educate them on their rights as homeowner.
2. Assist homeowner with obtaining funds to make needed home repairs.
3. Provide counseling/assistance to community members interested in buying a home.
4. Assist and educate members on how to repair and improve their credit score.
5. Will manage housing grants involving homeownership.
6. Will work with clients and mortgage lenders in completing applications and attend closing when required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
1. Must have at least two years of college.
2. Desire two years of advocacy experience.
3. Must have experience and knowledge concerning public and private resources.
4. Must be able to obtain required training by various agencies and partners concerning homeownership counseling and credit repair.
5. Must have valid North Carolina driver’s license and car.
6. Must submit to background and criminal check
Closing date: April 23, 2019